Resources & Publications
Indigenous & Community Lands & Seas
- Indigenous Peoples’ and Community Conserved Areas and Territories Consortium
- Recognizing and Supporting Territories and Areas Conserved by Indigenous Peoples and Local Communities, Ed. by A. Kothari with C. Corrigan, H. Jonas, A. Neumann, and H. Shrumm, as CBD Secretariat’s Technical Series 64; this includes 19 country level case studies, a global overview, and background resources on ICCAs. Released at the CBD COP11 (Oct 2012).
- Recognizing and Supporting Conservation by Indigenous Peoples and Local Communities: An analysis of international law, national legislation, judgements and institutions as they interrelate with territories and areas conserved by indigenous peoples and local communities, published by the ICCA Consortium, Natural Justice and Kalpavriksh. Released at World Conservation Congress V (Jeju, Sept 2012) and CBD COP11 (Hyderabad, Oct 2012).
- Pathak Broome, N. and N. Hazarika, “India: Community Conservation at Cross Roads”, in Dudley, N. and S. Stolton, Protected Landscapes and Wild Biodiversity, Volume 3 in the Values of Protected Landscapes and Seascapes Series, IUCN, Gland (Switzerland), 2012.
- The Living Convention on Biocultural Diversity: A Compendium of Indigenous Peoples’ and Local Communities’ Rights Relevant to Maintaining the Integrity and Resilience of Territories and other Biocultural Systems– available on line, produced by Natural Justice with Consortium inputs.
- Bio-cultural diversity conserved by indigenous peoples and local communities– Examples and analysis | La diversité bio-culturelle conservée par les peuples autochtones et les communautés locales— Exemples et analyses
- Canada – Assembly of First Nations – Policy Areas – Environmental Stewardship
- United Nations Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- Promoting a New Conservation Ethic Based on Respect for Indigenous Peoples
- BBC News – Taiwan’s paradise island fights to save its identity
- National Congress of American Indians Land – Into – Trust
- Traditional Forest-Related Knowledge:Sustaining Communities, Ecosystems and Biocultural Diversity: Chapter 5, North America
- Mapping Tradeoffs in Values at Risk at the Interface Between Wilderness and Non-wilderness Lands
- Traditional Wisdom and Climate Change: Contribution of Wilderness Stories to Adaptation and Survival– International Journal of Wilderness, Volume 18, Number 2
- Traditional Wisdom: Protecting Relationships with Wilderness as a Cultural Landscape– Ecology and Society
- The Role of Indigenous Peoples in Biodiversity Conservation: The Natural but Often Forgotten Partners– World Bank
- People or Parks: The Human Factor in Protecting Wildlife– Yale Environment 360
Protecting Wild Nature on Native Lands: Case Studies by Native Peoples from around the World, Volume II; Vance G. Martin and Sharon Shay Sloan (eds)
View the E-book // Buy the hard copy // Download the PDF
Protección de Tierras Silvestres y Indígenas: Casos de Estudio por Pueblos Indígenas de Todo el Mundo, Volumen II; Vance G. Martin y Sharon Shay Sloan (eds)
View the E-Book // Buy the hard copy // Download the PDF