WILD is thrilled to announce a new staff opening within our Boulder team! We are currently accepting applications for the part-time Administrative Assistant position available at our Boulder, Colorado office & will begin interviewing interested candidates beginning mid-September. The Admin Assistant is responsible for assisting WILD staffing with a wide range of fundraising, administration, communications and outreach efforts. This person will be working closely with the WILD staff, associates, supporters, volunteers/interns, general public, board members and partners.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to: Melanie Hill, Communications Manager: Melanie@wild.org. No phone calls please.
Principal responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- General office help such as answering the telephone, organizing paperwork and files, making copies and faxing files, assisting the staff where needed
- Assisting with database management (donation tracking), mailings (domestic & international), registrations for special events
- Managing WILD’s online store, processing credit cards & mailing items
- Tabling at outreach events
- Managing International Journal of Wilderness subscription mailings 3 times a year
- Assisting the WILD staff at special events & Board Meetings
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Expertise with social media.
- Organized individual able to work independently.
- Project management/event management skills.
- Proven ability to conduct research and utilize databases.
- Ability to work on several different projects concurrently and meet deadlines on time.
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access and Outlook), web based research tools, and fundraising software.
- Good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and roles, patiently and professionally