AS OF APRIL 2013, THIS POSITION IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE.
WILD is now accepting applications for the Spring 2013 Social Media Internship at our Boulder, Colorado office! The internship will run through the Spring 2013 semester with the possibility of extending through the summer, for about 4-8 hours a week. If you or someone you know is interested, please send your resume and application to: Melanie Hill, Communications Manager via email: email@example.com.
The Social Media Intern is responsible for assisting WILD staffing with a wide range of communications, social media, fundraising, website and outreach efforts.
- Research topics to post on social media sites, blogs, newsletters, etc.
- Develop press releases, newsletters, articles, promotional materials involving establishing media contacts, and maintaining communication between multiple parties.
- Participation in planning and implementing WILD community events (Indaba talks, community nights)
- Participate in social media strategy
- Contribute to communications including writing opportunities, editing and proofreading, submitting items, and follow up with press.
Desired Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Expertise with social media platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.
- Solid understanding of the internet and social media marketing best practices
- Ability to think outside the box and bring creative ideas to each project.
- Organized individual able to work independently.
- Experience with public relations, advertising and basic media relations skills.
- Strong project management/event management skills.
- Able to take any feedback & guidance constructively.
- A high comfort level with web-based communication and web-based programs such as Constant Contact, GiftTool, SurveyMonkey.
- Ability to work on several different projects concurrently and meet deadlines on time.
- Proficient with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook), web based research tools, and fundraising software.
- Good organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and roles, patiently and professionally